Rigid Building Certifications
Rigid Global Buildings strives for excellence throughout the entire organization including our certifications and approvals. We are currently approved fabricators in Clark County, Nevada; the city of Los Angeles, CA; the city of Phoenix, AZ; as well as the city of Houston. In addition we also have our IAS (International Accreditation Service) AC472 certification for metal buildings. According to the International Building Code – Fabricator Approval is defined as:
- Special instructions required by this code are not required where the work is done on the premises of a fabricator registered and approved to perform such work without special inspection. Approval shall be based upon review of the fabricator’s written procedural and quality control manuals and periodic auditing of fabrication practices by an approved special inspection agency.
- City of Los Angeles (Fabricator Certificate of Approval)
- Miami-Dade MFG/Fabricator (Certificate of Competency)
- City of Houston (Certificate of Approval)
- City of Phoenix (Approved Fabricator)
- San Bernardino County Building and Safety Division Certificate of Approval
Florida Product Approval
The state of Florida has dictated that in order to build or construct in the state you must use products that have been approved for that particular means of construction. In order for a product to obtain Florida Product Approval it must pass a series of tests to insure the harsh elements will not affect the quality of the particular product. Some of the tests for Florida Product Approval include a wind driven rain test as well as impact testing. For more information on Florida Product Approval please visit their website at http://www.floridabuilding.org
Rigid Global Buildings currently has 4 Florida Product Approvals:
- FL 15282.1 – Hi-Tech Roof Panels
- FL 15282.2 – Platinum Roof Panels
- FL 15282.3 – R & PBR Roof Panels
- FL 15137.1 – R & PBR Wall Panels (26 ga.)
Clark County Approved Fabricator
Rigid is pleased to announce we have achieved status as an approved fabricator for Clark County. We also have additional fabricator endorsement of NDT (non destructive testing). NDT endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable ASNT requirements. Seismic endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable AWS and AISC requirements.
CANADIAN WELDING CERTIFICATION
Rigid Global Buildings continues to keep and maintain certification to CSA A660. The CSA-A660 Standard was developed at the request of the Canadian Steel Building System manufacturers to assist code enforcement officials in reviewing building permit submissions incorporating a steel building system, and to help purchasers in obtaining a quality building.
The A660 Standard requires that the manufacturer’s production facilities, staff, and quality assurance systems are capable of consistently producing quality steel buildings. To ensure that these design and production standards are met and maintained, the A660 Standard requires a manufacturing facility to be certified by a certification agency, such as the Canadian Welding Bureau. In turn, the manufacturer provides a Certificate of Design and Manufacturing Conformance signed and sealed by a licensed Professional Engineer for each building and specific location. The certificate lists key design criteria for review by the code enforcement official, the Engineer of Record for the building and the owner. More information can be found on their website at: http://www.cssbi.ca/products/commercial/steel-building-systems/certification