Quality is an extremely important factor for every Rigid building, which is why Rigid offers the following Certifications:
- IAS AC-472
- City of Los Angeles (Fabricator Certificate of Approval)
- Miami-Dade MFG/Fabricator (Certificate of Competency)
- City of Houston (Certificate of Approval)
- City of Phoenix (Approved Fabricator)
- Florida Product Approval
- Clark County Approved Fabricator
- Canadian Welding Certification CSA A660
- AISC Structural Steel
- Special instructions required by this code are not required where the work is done on the premises of a fabricator registered and approved to perform such work without special inspection. Approval shall be based upon review of the fabricator’s written procedural and quality control manuals and periodic auditing of fabrication practices by an approved special inspection agency.
- Although AISC no longer provides certifi cation for the quality of pre-engineered metal buildings they do offer certifi cation for structural buildings. Rigid Global Buildings does maintin the AISC Certifi cation for Steel Building Structures.
Florida Product Approval
The state of Florida has dictated that in order to build or construct in the state you must use products that have been approved for that particular means of construction. In order for a product to obtain Florida Product Approval it must pass a series of tests to insure the harsh elements will not affect the quality of the particular product. Some of the tests for Florida Product Approval include a wind driven rain test as well as impact testing. For more information on Florida Product Approval please visit their website at http://www.floridabuilding.org
Rigid Global Buildings currently has 4 Florida Product Approvals:
- FL 15282.1 – Hi-Tech Roof Panels
- FL 15282.2 – Platinum Roof Panels
- FL 15282.3 – R & PBR Roof Panels
- FL 15137.1 – R & PBR Wall Panels (26 ga.)
Clark County Approved Fabricator Rigid is pleased to announce we have achieved status as an approved fabricator for Clark County. We also have additional fabricator endorsement of NDT (non destructive testing). NDT endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable ASNT requirements. Seismic endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable AWS and AISC requirements.
Canadian Welding Certification
We are pleased to announce Rigid Global Buildings has been granted certification to CSA A660. The CSA-A660 Standard was developed at the request of the Canadian Steel Building System manufacturers to assist code enforcement officials in reviewing building permit submissions incorporating a steel building system, and to help purchasers in obtaining a quality building.
The A660 Standard requires that the manufacturer’s production facilities, staff, and quality assurance systems are capable of consistently producing quality steel buildings. To ensure that these design and production standards are met and maintained, the A660 Standard requires a manufacturing facility to be certified by a certification agency, such as the Canadian Welding Bureau. In turn, the manufacturer provides a Certificate of Design and Manufacturing Conformance signed and sealed by a licensed Professional Engineer for each building and specific location. The certificate lists key design criteria for review by the code enforcement official, the Engineer of Record for the building and the owner. More information can be found on their website at: